Understanding notes and warnings
If an order includes customer service notes and instructions or is for products with warnings, these notes and warnings will require acknowledgement before the order is allowed to ship.
Here are 3 sample situations for using this feature:
- Customer service note Add a note to ensure the warehouse ships the correct product if 2 color names are close; e.g., Grey and Dark Grey.
- Flag a product with a message that requires acknowledgement before shipping is allowed.
- Customer instructions Customer requested “This is a gift, please don’t include a receipt.
A useful time for warnings is when products are subject to Proposition 65 regulations. If so, the message will appear in all orders in ShipBridge to confirm that the appropriate warning labels exist before shipping is allowed. Learn more about Sellercloud’s features that help you manage Proposition 65 compliance.
Adding a note to an order
You can add any customer service note that you want to be acknowledged before shipping:
Adding a warning to a product
A product can include a warning to be acknowledged before shipping:
- Catalog > Manage Catalog > Product details page > Toolbox > Shipping Preferences > Shipping Requirements.
- Enter your message in the Warning box > Save.
- This message appears in 3 places:
Acknowledging a note or warning in ShipBridge
ShipBridge has 2 places where you can acknowledge a customer service note or product warning:
In Scan and Ship > Find the order
- For a Customer Note: Click the Customer Service tab > Read the note > Click the red warning icon to mark it as read
- For a Product Warning: Click the Handling Instructions tab > Read the warning > Click
the warning icon to mark it as read. The warning remains with the icon marked as read. This action will clear the Acknowledge button from the selected order in the grid