The Amazon Buy Shipping tool enables you to purchase carrier labels through Amazon.
Effective May 1, 2016, if you’ve shipped an order using a label purchased from Shipping Services and buyers claim they didn’t receive their order and file an A-to-z claim, Amazon will cover that claim. In fact, you won’t receive a notification about it, and your Order Defect Rate will not be affected.
Integrating Amazon Buy Shipping
- Select and enable shipping services in Seller Central. Only services that are enabled will be available for selection in SellerCloud. API Registration for Shipping Services can be completed on Seller Central here.
- If preferable, enter your shipping account info to use your own rates
- Configure ShipBridge for Amazon Buy Services:
- Enable client setting in SellerCloud Enable Generate Shipping Labels via Amazon.
- In ShipBridge navigate Menu > Options > Carrier > Amazon.
- Enable Use Amazon.
- Enter your MWS credentials. You can take them from your Amazon Settings page. Secret Key = Marketplace Associate Key.
- Select the default Delivery Experience – Signature confirmation etc…
- Select printer and check if thermal.
- If you have multiple companies with different Amazon accounts, use the PerCompany Configuration.
Buying Amazon Shipping in ShipBridge
- Select the order in ShipBridge.
- Right click and press Calculate Rates. This is the equivalent to “Get Eligible Services” when Shipping thru Seller Central or SellerCloud.
- Please note: The Declared Value Threshold set the floor at when insurance is requested when purchasing the label. If the setting is enabled and the threshold is set to 0, then all orders will have insurance purchased. This will raise the cost of the label vs. what you might see when purchasing through SellerCloud or through the Amazon directly.
- Look for the services with the Amazon Provider in the grid. Select a service.
- If applicable, the “delivery experience” can be modified by editing the order details (right click on order > Edit Order > Order details.)
- Ship order. This will “Buy the Label” from Amazon, and return a valid shipping label.
- You can also cancel the label. Cancelling label will not mark order as cancelled/refund or unshipped on Amazon. It will just void the shipping label and you will have to generate a new shipping label. Canceling the label will set the orders as unshipped in SellerCloud.
Please Note: The order will still have a shipped status on Seller Central. This is because there are downstream dependencies that Amazon does not want to break by moving it to an unshipped state.
Remove Duplicate Amazon Services in ShipBridge
If you want only Amazon rates to be displayed without taking into account any personal USPS, UPS and FedEx account settings:
- Navigate to the menu on top and select Options
- Go to Carriers > Amazon and enable the setting Remove Duplicate Amazon Services
Buy Amazon Shipping in SellerCloud
- Enable client setting Enable Generate Shipping Labels via Amazon.
- Open an order.
- Select Buy/Cancel Shipping From Amazon.
- On the following page, complete the request form. Package dimensions, weight, and Ship From Address (defaults to company address) are required.
- Press Get Eligible Services.
- On the following page, select a ship method. The Amazon rate charges display on the right column. Please note: if you have configured Stamps.com in Seller Central, those services will be available for purchase as well.
- Press Buy Shipping. The order will be updated as Shipped with tracking in SellerCloud and in Seller Central.
- On the following page, download the shipping label.
- You can also cancel the label. Cancelling the label will not mark the order as cancelled/refund or unshipped on Amazon. It will just void the shipping label and you will have to generate a new shipping label. Canceling the label will set the orders as Unshipped in SellerCloud.