Informed.co reprices on Amazon, eBay, Rakuten (formerly Buy.com), and Walmart Marketplace. Integration is achieved by a periodic file upload of your inventory to the FTP site, which will then be retrieved by Informed.co. The AppEagle Format plugin will generate the export file formatted for Informed.co. The plugin only exports products that are actually live on the channels that Informed.co works with (Amazon, eBay, Rakuten, and Walmart Marketplace).
Follow the workflow steps below to configure this integration:
Create an FTP folder
- Create a new FTP account and folder, if you do not have one already.
SellerCloud Support can provide an Informed.co FTP for a $37.50 one-time setup fee and a $25 monthly charge.
Configure the Informed.co FTP
- On the Uploads page, enter this FTP URL in the Hosted File Upload text field: “ftp://ftp.sellercloud.com/Upload.csv.”
- Enter username and password.
- Schedule the automatic upload using the hourly selection dropdown. Informed.co will pull your data from this URL at the scheduled interval.
Enter the marketplace IDs
After you open an Informed.co account, they will provide you with the marketplace ID values for the channels that Informed.co will be repricing. To configure these marketplace IDs in SellerCloud:
- Enable the Client Setting Enable Company Warehouse Cart Codes.
- Click Settings > Company Settings > Toolbox > Warehouse Cart Codes.
- Enter the Marketplace IDs into the Cart Code column of the corresponding channels > Save.
Configure the min/max pricing and enable for Informed.co
The minimum price is typically based on the narrowest margin of profit you are willing to accept. If the cost of the item changes, you may also want the minimum price to be adjusted. Because SellerCloud manages purchase orders, the product cost can be automatically adjusted in SellerCloud as Purchase Orders are received with new vendor prices.
The plugin script used to export your products to Informed.co can be coded to adjust the minimum price based on the latest product cost. The new minimum price will be uploaded to Informed.co in the next automatic feed. If the cost increases, the minimum price would rise. If the cost decreases, the minimum price would be lowered. The amount you would want the price to rise or fall can be specified in the plugin.
- Informed.co reprices on Amazon, eBay, Rakuten (Buy.com) and Walmart Marketplace, but the Min (Stop Loss Price) and Max (Amazon Price) prices on each item’s eBay, Buy.com, and Walmart Marketplace properties’ pages are pulled from the two fields on its Amazon Properties page:
- Stop Loss Price = Min price (“StopLossPrice” for bulk updates)
- Amazon Price = Max price (“AmazonPrice” for bulk updates)
- After setting the Min and Max prices for items, enable them for Informed.co:
- Per product – Select Appeagle Enabled on the item’s Amazon Properties page > Save.
- In bulk – Use the column header “AppeagleEnabled”
Configure Strategy ID
Informed.co lets you create multiple pricing-rule sets to manage repricing. Each rule set, or strategy, is identified by a Strategy ID.
You can set the Informed.co Strategy ID for individual products on their Amazon, eBay, Buy.com (Rakuten), and Walmart Marketplace properties’ pages.
- Set a default Strategy ID for each channel by clicking Company Settings > Toolbox > Product Feeds > Informed.co.
- To bulk-update Strategy ID columns on a product level, use the following:
Create a saved search and scheduled task
The plugin uses a scheduled task to send the feed automatically.
- Create a product saved search for products that will be repriced by Informed.co. The search should select all items that you have ready and want sent to Informed.co in the automatic feeds. Most sellers use the AppEagle field’s Enabled setting to filter which items to send to Informed.co.
- Set up a scheduled task for the AppEagle Format plugin to run the export and drop the file on the FTP for Informed.co. The export file can be generated automatically or manually.
To create the scheduled task to run automatically:
- Click Settings > Company Settings > Toolbox > Scheduled tasks.
- In the New Task Type dropdown field > select Export Products > Go.
- Click the Schedule Enabled box and configure the task’s schedule.
- Select Appeagle Format from the Export via Plugin dropdown.
- In the Saved Search dropdown, select the one that includes the products you are sending to Informed.co.
- Select Export to: FTP and enter the FTP information and credentials.
- Click Save. The file will generate and upload to the FTP site based on the configured schedule.
To generate the file manually:
- On the Manage Inventory page > select products > click Action Menu > Export Products > Go.
- On the Export Products page, click Export Type dropdown > select Appeagle Format > click Export Products to generate the file.
- The file can then be placed manually onto the FTP site.