Check out this short tutorial on approving and emailing a purchase order.
Approving a purchase order
To require approval of a PO before emailing it to the vendor, you must enable the Client Setting Require PO to be approved before it can be emailed.
When a purchase order is ready for approval, open the PO > Action Menu > Approve Purchase Order:
Note that when approval is required, a notice will appear if you try to email an unapproved purchase order.
Emailing a purchase order
There are 2 prerequisites before you can email an approved PO:
- You must configure your settings to enable outgoing emails through SellerCloud: Go to Settings > Company > Toolbox > Email Settings > SMTP Settings. After completing the credential information, click Test to send yourself an email with those credentials.
- Enter the vendor’s email address. (If you must update a vendor’s address, click the vendor detail link to open the vendor profile page, edit the email address, and save your changes.)
To email a PO:
- Open the PO > Action Menu > Email Purchase Order.
- A message is required to email a purchase order. If you have an email template, choose it from the Email Template list to auto-populate the Message (see a sample PO template).
- The attached purchase order is sent in the PO’s default file format. Note: You can set different PO formats for each vendor based on their requirements: In the vendor > Dropship Preferences > choose any format from the PO Export Format menu. If you choose Custom, a second menu appears with a list of plugins available on the server (generic PO export plugins are available). Show me where.
- The Sender’s address defaults to the user sending the email. This can be edited by deleting and entering a new email address.
- Click Send PO via Email.