How does batch printing work?
Batch printing shipping labels is a faster, more streamlined label-printing process than selecting multiple orders and printing them from the main grid. Why? Batch printing gathers all data from all selected orders, loads them into a single file for processing by the shipping label software, and then generates and prints all of the labels, simultaneously.
For example: If 100 orders are selected and 35 are set to be shipped by USPS Priority, 27 by UPS Ground, and the remaining 38 by UPS 3-Day Select, batch mode will let the shipper choose select a method to batch-print.
So, if the shipper selects UPS Ground, 27 labels will be generated and printed with their corresponding invoices. The shipper can then move to the next shipping method and batch-print all of labels and invoices for that method in the same way.
How do I start batch shipping?
- Select the orders to ship from the main order grid.
- Click Menu > select Process Batches.
- The batch processing window will show the order count associated with each of the shipping methods applied, and let you print all associated labels, one shipping method at a time.
Batch printing half-label/half-invoices to PDF
- Click Menu > Options > Batches tab > check Save labels to a single batch PDF file and Print label and invoice on half page on single PDF file > click Save.
- Click Menu > Options > Invoice tab > check Print API label/invoice on half page > Save.