SellerCloud offers several options which can restrict specific
users from issuing refunds, regardless of which channel the order originated.
Option #1 – Restrict a user entirely.
- Open the Employee tab and select that
- Click on the Roles tab in the side
- Move the role called Refund Handler to the Not A Member Of column by selecting it
and clicking the Remove button.
- If this employee would attempt to
refund an order, the refund process will not proceed.
Option #2 – Set a refund amount to limit even Refund
- In the Client Settings, check the
setting Limit Order Refund to
_______ to limit a refund amount, and enter a maximum refund value.
- Save the setting. Now a Refund
Handler can only issue small refunds, and any large amount will need to be
issued by a Client Admin.
Option #3 – Allow a refund-restricted users to initiate the refund request, but require
that the refund be approved in order to be completed.
- Open the Client Settings and check
the Enable Order Pending Actions
- When a restricted user refunds, or
cancels an order, it will not actually process it immediately, but rather will
generate a refund request which can only be accessed by employees who are not
restricted, like a client admin or a refund handler.
- Refund requests can be managed from
the Order Action Request page on the
- Select an order and select an action
from the menu, either to process the refund or to reject the request. When
rejecting a request you will need to enter a reason on the following page
before continuing on.