Check out how to create product variations in Sellercloud’s updated interface!
Understanding product variations
Variations refers to a relationship between products that share common characteristics with minor differences, such as different sizes of a pair of shoes, or baseball caps from different teams. Product variations, such as size, color, and count, are assigned separate SKUs by the vendor. However, you can post variations to one listing while retaining their separate SKUs.
There are three key terms associated with variations. These are variations, dimensions, and values:
A variation is a product you sell on a single listing that is available in different types, colors, shapes, etc.
A dimension refers to the different sizes or colors the variation is available in. For example, a dimension name could be size, color, flavors, etc.
A value would be the color, size, flavor, etc. of the dimension. For example, color is the dimension but the value could be white or blue. Or, the size is the dimension and the value would be small, medium, large, etc.
Refer to the table below for a visual of the relationship between these terms.
Creating a variation
- Access product details > Toolbox > Variations.
- On this panel you can choose from existing dimensions or create new ones. Selected dimensions will be added to your Selected Dimensions
- Click the plus icon to Create Variation Dimensions.
- Fill in the Unique Name, Display Name, and Abbreviation > Next.
- Select Add New Dimension Value > Complete the required fields > Finish.
- The new dimension will be added to the Selected Dimensions panel.
Variation name mapping
This lets you to view the variations you created for each channel you sell on. For example, a product listed on eBay may have a dimension with a certain name. You can use Variation Name Mapping to ensure you don’t use the same variation name when listing the same product on another channel.
To access this feature, click the gear icon in the top right corner. This opens a new page where you can Import Channel Variation Mappings, Add New Channel Variation Name, or Delete channel-specific variations.
To access, click Settings > Products > Variation Dimensions.
You can perform various actions on this page for individual or multiple variation dimensions. Using the icons in the top right corner, you can access Variation Name Mapping, Import Dimensions, or Add New Dimensions.
Or, you can edit existing dimensions. Simply use the icons in each dimension row to Manage Values, Edit Product Conditions, or Delete the dimension.
- Click the plus Icon to Add New Dimension in the top right corner.
- Complete the required fields.
- Save. To edit this information, click the pencil icon on the Variation Dimensions page for the dimension you wish to update.
This function lets you to import variation dimensions in bulk using an import file.
- Click Import Dimensions.
- Download the template.
- Populate the columns. To add more values, simply add more rows. For example, Value3, Value4, etc.
- Return to Sellercloud > Click to upload file > Import.
- Click the gear icon for the desired dimension.
- Here, you can perform a variety of actions. Using the icons in the top right corner, you can Export Values, Import Values, or Add New Value. There are also functions that enable you to Edit Product Variation Dimensions or Delete values.