Integrating Groupon Marketplace
- The customer must first set up a Groupon account.
- Go to https://scm.commerceinterface.com/access_tokens/ to obtain the API Key.
- Obtain Seller ID from your Groupon rep.
- Sellercloud requests unshipped and NON EXPORTED orders from Groupon. By default, Groupon will normally have a setting where they will drop orders onto an email attached to the account. This marks them as exported and Sellercloud will not be able to download them. Make sure to turn this off prior to going live with this channel.
- In Sellercloud, go to Company Settings > Toolbox > Groupon > General Settings.
- Check the Enable for Groupon checkbox
- Enter the Seller ID and the API Key.
- Click Test credentials from the Action Menu and save settings.
- On the Groupon Settings page, set an order download limit, then enable order download and tracking export.
Note: See instructions about setting co-op fees here for dropship.
Enabling inventory updates
This will only send inventory feeds for products that are Groupon enabled.
- Reach out to Groupon and get the ISA ID’s and Qualifiers. Once you have these credentials contact Sellercloud support to set up a VAN for the connection.
- When the VAN has been created you will check Enable inventory upload (846). Once that is enabled you will see placed to put in the credentials.
- Enter the ISA ID’s and Qualifiers.
- Enter the Groupon Seller ID and Warehouse ID. These should be supplied by Groupon.
- Enter the FTP credentials which will be supplied by Sellercloud.
- The FTP Folder for Inventory should be set to /:EDINET/
- In Client Settings, check Use BOM SKU as ProductID in Groupon Orders. The Bom SKU is a column header in the order file that contains the Seller SKU.
- If this setting is not enabled, the system will use Groupon’s primary product identifier on the order file which is the UPC. In order to match that value to the SKU in Sellercloud, you will need to enter the product’s UPC as the Merchant SKU on the Groupon Goods Properties page. This is because Groupon’s product identifier on orders is the UPC. The Groupon Merchant SKU will not populate with a UPC from the product home page because UPC’s in Sellercloud is not unique; you can have multiple products with identical UPCs.
- Additional fields:
- Groupon Goods Enabled— Currently the field is useful for filtering purposes only. When Groupon’s API will begin supporting inventory updates, this field will be used for inventory.
- Groupon Goods Cost— Enter the price at which you sold the item to Groupon. When the order comes in, the sale price will automatically adjust to the Groupon Marketplace Cost. If nothing is entered here, the cost from the groupon_cost column in the order file will be used.
- Require Third Party Billing— Marks the product to ship with third party billing. For reference only, but it can be used in a ShipBridge plugin to automatically ship with third party billing.
- You may want to set up a manual reserve to ensure you always have inventory to fulfill Groupon orders.
Understanding Groupon orders
Groupon orders will import under the Groupon channel with the customer email ordersourceorderID@sellercloud.com. By default, the order cost will be pulled from the order file’s groupon_cost column. However, the price on the order can be pulled from the price in the Groupon Goods Cost field on the Groupon Goods Properties page. The price will be pulled from the Groupon Goods Properties page irrespective of which company that product is associated with.
If you would like to search by the order ID of the merged order, you should use the OrderItem Reference ID filter rather than Order Source Order ID. From the example, if you searched for Order Source Order ID of 987654, nothing would come up. However, if you searched for 987654 in OrderItem Reference ID, order 123456 would come up.
Groupon Deal ID
Groupon Marketplace now sends the ID of the deal the item was purchased off of with order information. This will appear on the top of the order page when checking Display Second Order Source OrderID in Client Settings.
Groupon Shipping Method Mapping
Groupon orders download into Sellercloud with the shipping method BEST. You can map the method to a Sellercloud shipping method so that the shipping method will display properly in Sellercloud.
- Settings > Toolbox > Groupon Settings > Shipping Method Mapping.
- Enter BEST in the text field.
- Select the Sellercloud carrier and method.
- Mark as Rush service if applicable. Rush services on the order level take precedence over the shipping preference set on the product level.
Configuring Groupon invoices
- If Groupon is the only sales channel in that company:
- Navigate Company Settings > Invoice Settings.
- Open the Invoice Type dropdown and select the Groupon Invoice plugin and save.
- When printing shipping labels in ShipBridge, you will need to switch to Letter size PDF invoices under the Invoice tab when shipping Groupon orders.
- If there are multiple sales channels on the company:
- Open Client Settings and check Enable Per Channel Based PDF Invoices.
- Go to Company Settings > Invoice Settings.
- Click on the Per Channel Preferences hyperlink
- On the following page locate the Groupon channel.
- Select Plug In in the Invoice type drop down and then select the Groupon Plug in.
- Save settings.
- When printing shipping labels in ShipBridge, you will need to switch to Lettersize PDF invoices under the Invoice tab when shipping Groupon orders.