Setting up an API integration is the preferred way to integrate with Houzz in Sellercloud. Orders pulled via the API integration will be marked as Houzz orders.
- To obtain API keys, go to https://www.houzz.com/registerSellerApi and register for the API.
- Select all 4 options and click Complete Registration. The message appears, “Thank you for your interest in using the Marketplace API. We are currently reviewing your registration,” and you will receive an email when it is approved.
- Once approved, access Company Settings> Toolbox > Houzz > General Settings.
- Click Edit > Enable API Integration.
- Enter the Application ID, Application Username, and Application Token from Houzz.
- Choose your Houzz Account Type— either Vendor or Seller.
- Enable the settings as required and click Save.
- Select Actions > Verify Credentials.
- When the icon on the top right shows that the product is ready for posting, you can enable it and list from the Select Action menu.
Sellercloud integrates with Houzz.com via an FTP supplied by Houzz. Documents are passed through the FTP to update Houzz or imported into Sellercloud. Specialized plugins can format the documents in order to list products, manage inventory and price, and export tracking, as well as read incoming documents to import orders. These plugins can be placed on your server by Sellercloud Support.
A scheduled task should be set up for each plugin. Houzz integration is set via Scheduled Tasks, which use a predefined saved search to check which products are enabled for Houzz. Contact Sellercloud Support to create a custom Houzz Enabled column that should be included in the saved search. Once this is set, all Houzz-enabled products will be included in the import/export feed.
Houzz integration is processed by 3 scheduled tasks:
- Import Orders— In this task, you set the company for the orders import, the order processor plugin, and the FTP settings.
- Export Orders— In this task, you set the Saved Search for Houzz. Because saved searches are account-based, you must also choose the user. You also must set the export plugin, filename, and FTP settings.
- Export Products— Same as the tracking export, you must choose the user, saved search, plugin, filename, and FTP settings.
Note: Orders will import as website orders; therefore, you may want to create a new company to integrate your Houzz account with if you have another website or plugin integration. This allows you to filter orders by the company name, as all orders with Website as the order source will appear when searching by channel website.
More on these topic is available here:
Multiple Houzz Plugin Integrations
Sellercloud can integrate with multiple Houzz accounts; however, there are several details that must be set:
- Each integration should be set in a different company to avoid any confusion with the orders.
- Each integration must have a different Houzz Enabled column.
- You should create different Saved Searches for each integration. Each Saved Search must include the related Houzz Enabled column and the company.
- Different integrations will use different a FTP.