Importing UPS and DHL express shipping costs
Shipping costs that are applied to an order are only estimates; they are not actual rates charged. To view specific Profit and Loss, you can import actual shipping costs, which will override the estimated costs placed on the order at the time of the label printing.
Sellercloud can import UPS, DHL Express, and DHL eCommerce (DHL Global Mail) invoices without the need for reformatting. For all other carriers, you can download and populate a template.
When importing shipping costs for UPS and DHL:
- UPS shipping cost imports use the file from UPS called UPS Billing Data File- XML. Pulling the file from UPS requires enrolling in UPS billing data.
- DHL Express shipping cost can be calculated during order creation by clicking the Calculate link in the order’s Shipping Method section.
Sellercloud will only calculate it if a shipping weight was entered. Due to DHL’s less than one lb / more than one lb system, weight is often not entered. Therefore, this tool is essential for orders shipped via DHL.
- Go to Orders > Tools > Import Order Info.
- For UPS and DHL, click either Shipping Cost from UPS or Shipping Cost From DHL.
- Click to upload file > Choose invoice file > Import.
Importing DHL eCommerce (DHL Global Mail) shipping cost
DHL eCommerce through Endicia does not return shipping costs, so Sellercloud cannot automatically add it to orders. Setting the shipping cost on these orders requires importing it. This plugin may need to be installed on your server; if so, contact Sellercloud Support.
- Go to Orders > Tools > Import Order Info > Tracking Info via Plugin.
- Select Company. For Plugin, select CD DHL Tracking Costs Import v 188.8.131.52.
- Click to upload file > Select your DHL Ecommerce File > Import.
This process can be automated through a scheduled task. Use the task Import Order with the DHL Shipping Cost plugin.
Importing other carrier shipping costs
To reconcile all other carriers:
- Go to Orders > Tools > Import Order Info > Shipping Cost.
- Create a template > Populate the columns with OrderID or the Tracking Number as the identifier > Enter Shipping Cost > Save.
- Return to Sellercloud > Click to upload file > Import.
- Click Import Shipping Cost for the carrier to reconcile (Sellercloud handles formats for UPS, UPS Mail Innovations, and DHL Global).
Enabling invoices using XML format
- DHL ecommerce— You can request XML format invoices from your DHL account representative. An FTP account is set up by DHL, ftp.dhlglobalmail.com, to drop off the files and Sellercloud picks them up using a scheduled task.
- UPS— You can configure this on your account and it will generate XML files. You can download these XML files from the UPS billing portal.
- After the shipping file is imported, Sellercloud updates the shipping cost on the order and you can see details of the charges.