Importing tracking info
When dropshipping, a vendor will often send tracking information in a file. Sellercloud provides a template which can be used to import the tracking, provided that the vendor is willing to use that format. The tracking information will import on the customer order, not the PO that was auto-generated by the dropshipped request, and will be uploaded to the channel with the next automatic feed.
- Go to Orders > Tools > Import Order Info > Tracking Info. Download the template.
- Populate the following fields:
- If OrderID is provided, then there is no need for OrderSource or OrderSourceOrderID or PO#.
- If PO# is provided, then OrderID, OrderSource or OrderSourceOrderID aren’t needed.
- If both OrderID and PO# are not available, then you will need both OrderSource and OrderSourceOrderID.
- In Sellercloud, return to Import Order Info > Tracking Info.
- Select Company > Click to upload file > Import. All column headers must be in the file whether or not the column is populated by any data. If the vendor has a different format, contact Sellercloud Support to create a custom Import Tracking Plugin.
Important Note: All column headers must be in the file whether or not the column is populated by any data.
- Any standard date/time format is acceptable (e.g. 7/12/2020 4:45 PM / July 12 2020 4:45 PM)
- The Carrier and Shipping method should match what is set on the order in Sellercloud
- The Shipping Cost can be entered to make sure the P&L is correct on the order.
- Warehouse Name can be entered to change the ShipFromWarehouse on the order, which determines which warehouse inventory is deducted from.
Creating a scheduled task
If you want to regularly import order tracking information, you can create a scheduled task in Sellercloud. This will automate the import to run on a schedule of your choosing.
- Access Settings > Companies > Manage Scheduled Tasks.
- Select the plus icon.
- Set the Task Type as Import Order Tracking.
- Create a Task Name > Select the Company > Choose Start Time > Create.
- Clicking on the notification allows you to edit this scheduled task.
- Click Edit > Import Options > Import From > FTP.
- Enter FTP credentials.
- You can also select a Recurrence or use a custom Plugin.
- Save any changes.
Emailing POs for dropshipped orders
In Sellercloud, this feature lets you email POs to different vendors when orders are dropshipped.
- Access your desired PO > Actions > Send PO via Email.
- In the General panel, fill out the required credentials. You can add attachments or choose a pre-existing email template.
- Enter your email into the Message panel > Send.