Methods of price management
Sellercloud has multiple tools to help you manage pricing across multiple channels. Pricing is managed from within Sellercloud, so you need not directly access the marketplace portal. Prices can be adjusted based on fixed rules, or they can be re-priced based on competitors’ prices using integrated third-party software.
You can also take measures to prevent selling the item at a price that’s too low.
You can set and manage pricing in several ways:
|Default Product Price||Manage Catalog > Product details page > find the Pricing window (this is the product’s default price). Enter the price and save. You can track price changes by clicking the + sign next to the Site Price field. The price history log will show the change’s timestamp and also log the user who changed it.|
|Channel-Specific Pricing||On each of the product’s channel properties pages, such as the Amazon Properties page, you can set a different price specific for that channel, or you can use the default Site Price by checking the Use Default box. After saving the change, the default price will appear in the Amazon Price field. By default, the Use Default option is enabled.|
|eBay BuyItNow Pricing||To allow the default Site Price as the eBay BIN price, save the Client Setting Enable Default Price for eBay.
After enabled, there will be an option on the eBay General Settings page called Display Use default Site Price as eBay BIN price. Enabling that option will place a Use Default checkbox next to BIN Price on the product eBay Properties page. This checkbox is enabled by default but it can be turned on and off.
|Manage Channel pricing from single page||Click Manage Catalog > Product Home > Toolbox > Prices.
You can also find the Pricing window by clicking the Manage Prices link next to the Site Price. In the grid, the product displays at the beginning of the row, with columns for pricing on all enabled marketplaces. If there are shadow SKUs, they will display in rows beneath the Parent SKU. You can now easily set pricing for each marketplace individually, or you can check the Use Default box to use the Site Price as that marketplace’s price. The Check All button will set the default price as the selling price for all channels. The default price will display after saving the edit.
|Custom Price Calculation for Channels||Send a customized price to a specific marketplace using a custom price calculation. The custom calculation can be based on any variable or logic, including sending a price that is a set percentage greater than the site cost. Using a custom price calculation, the system will ignore the channel price, and will send a calculated price based on your parameters. Custom calculations can be created by Sellercloud Support.
Note: Creating a custom calculation is subject to customization fees. A Client Setting enables a custom calculation for each channel.
Understanding pricing client settings
Sellercloud also has safeguards to help prevent selling an item at too low of a value. This may happen through human error, for example, when a wrong price was entered, or it may occur when the cost of the item adjusts significantly.
Settings > Client Settings.
- Put Order on Hold if Selling Price is less than ____% of SiteCost – You can configure this Client Setting to put an order on hold if the selling price is less 110% percentage, for example, of the Site Cost.
- Set Customer Status ‘Requires Attention’ instead of updating OrderStatus to OnHold – Instead of putting order “On Hold,” the order will be sent to the “Requires Attention” tab.
- Put Order on Hold if Selling Price is less than ____% of SitePrice
- Validate Selling Price is greater than % of SiteCost – For example, if you want the price to always be at least 10% more than the Site Cost, enter 110%. If the price entered is less than that amount, an error message will display when saving the product after the edit.
While this will ensure that the site price was entered correctly the first time, you may want to change the site cost dynamically to make sure that the Site Price is always 110% more than the site cost. Locate the following Client Settings (Cost Related section):
- Update Product SiteCost based on PO LastCost – Automatically updates Site Cost based on the cost of the item as it was received in the last Purchase order. As the cost of the item changes, the site price will adjust accordingly.
- Update SiteCost when updating AverageCost – Automatically updates Site Cost based on the item’s average cost. As the cost of the item changes, the site price will adjust accordingly.
- Protect Site Cost – Prevents any user without a Client Admin role from editing the site cost.
- Add Flag to Inventory Arrivals Page – The inventory arrivals page is located on the Inventory menu. All items received in purchase orders are displayed in the grid on this page. When the Client Setting Add a Flag to Inventory Arrivals Page is enabled, an icon will flag items whose average cost has changed. Hovering on the icon will show the original and new values. You can now adjust the site price accordingly to ensure that the selling price is what you want it to be.