Integrating your Shopify store with Sellercloud comprises 3 short procedures explained in this topic:
- Configure the API to connect to your Shopify store.
- Required before going live: If you have listings on Shopify, import them into Sellercloud.
- Set the defaults and enable automatic controls.
Configuring API to connect to your Shopify store
- Click Company Settings > Toolbox > Website > General.
- In the Store Type dropdown field, select Shopify. You will return to this page later to set the defaults and controls.
- Reopen Toolbox > Website > Sellercloud Integrated Website > Shopify General. (This Toolbox item only appears if you selected an integrated website (e.g., Shopify) in Step #2.)
- Copy the unique Shopify website URL from your Shopify admin portal’s Domains page, and enter it into the Website URL field. Do NOT enter the suffix .myshopify.com. It is already provided after the field.
- Ensure that Enable Shopify Locations is checked > Save.
- Click Action Menu > Get Token > Go.
- Optional: Select Enable Fraud Check to pull in Shopify’s order Risk Analysis and place flagged orders on hold. Creating a saved search is recommended for such orders; showing these orders on your dashboard lets you easily monitor and manage these orders.
- Click Save.
- Concerning Shopify locations, proceed as follows:
Import Shopify listings to Sellercloud
Before going live! If you have products on Shopify, you must import these listings into Sellercloud. Why? Shopify’s WebsiteProductIDVariantID must be applied to a product in Sellercloud in order for it to sync the inventory and price with Shopify. (When posting a new product, Sellercloud will make an API call for the Variant ID.)
- Click Toolbox > Website > Sellercloud Integrated Website > Shopify General.
- Click Action Menu > Download Listings > Go.
- Select a date range when the products were created on Shopify > Download Listings. This produces a queued job that exports a file of all current Shopify listings with their variant IDs. Click on the job number to open the Job Details page where you monitor the job and ensure its successful completion.
- When the job is done, click the .xlsx file on the Job Details page to download it to your device.
- In Sellercloud, click Inventory > Import Product Info.
- In the Select Plugin field > Choose Shopify Product Import > Choose File to find and
select the downloaded file of Shopify listings.
- Click Import Products Info. This creates a queued job; click on the job number to monitor it for successful completion.
Setting the defaults and automatic controls
- If desired: Set a default Website Safety Quantity
- If applicable: Set a Website Default Quantity for replenishable products
- Enable Order Download Limit— If there are existing shipped orders in Shopify, select this setting,
and then to prevent orders before that date from downloading into Sellercloud, choose an Order
Download Limit Date
- Select Allow Order Download and Allow Tracking Upload
- Allow New Product Upload— Select this to post new products
- Allow Inventory Upload— Select when you are ready to have Sellercloud control your inventory on Shopify. Be aware that products that are not Shopify-enabled will be updated with a quantity of
This plugin is used to import products from an Excel file that’s been exported from Shopify. The plugin will check if the WebsiteProductID and WebsiteProductVariantID match if the product exists. If the product isn’t listed and they don’t match on Shopify, the plugin will update the product with all data from Shopify.
This plugin also supports importing matrices. If a matrix parent and/or child exist, the plugin will update existing products and create missing ones. If the matrix doesn’t exist, it will be created through a separate job. If a matrix parents exists without all matrix children added, it will be overwritten in a separate job.
The matrix parent will be matched by:
- Matrix children with WebsiteProductID from the file
- Matrix parent’s WebsiteProductID from the file and existing matrix children (that may have the same, another or no WebsiteProductID)
- Matrix children’s ProductID from the file (regardless of the WebsiteProductID
- Matrix parent’s ProductID (the first part of the child product IDs that is common for them)
- If no matrix parent is matched, a new matrix parent will be created using the ProductID from step 4
Using the plugin:
- Click Inventory > Import Product Info.
- In the Select Plugin field > Choose Shopify Product Import, then click the file icon to find and select the downloaded file of Shopify listing.