The Import Mapping tool lets you import order files that are not in SellerCloud format. This is done by setting up a mapping template to map the file columns to the SellerCloud columns.
You can create multiple templates to map different order files.
Mapping order columns
- Go to Settings > Import Mapping Tool.
- Click Add New Mapping.
- Choose the company for which the profile will be used.
- Name the profile and select an Order Source for the orders imported under the profile. For example, Local Source, Website, or Wholesale.
- Select the Warehouse that these orders should ship from. Leave the Vendor dropdown blank.
- Check the File contains headers box if the file contains headers.
- If applicable, map the shipping method requested on the order to a SellerCloud-recognized carrier and service; this creates the order with the proper shipping method to be processed in ShipBridge. Enter the requested method into the Method received field > choose the appropriate carrier and service for mapping > click Save Ship Method/Mapping.
- Check Order is Paid, if applicable.
- Click Choose File and upload the file. The page will refresh with a grid containing 3 columns:
- SellerCloud Column
- Customer Column
- Custom Value
The SellerCloud Column is the column in SellerCloud (not exactly named). The Customer Column is the column headers from the file. For each SellerCloud Column, select the appropriate column from the Customer Column, if there is one.
- If you want a static value to be imported for one of the fields in the file (for example, the Order_Email should always be the same for all of these orders, or the Shipping Address information should always be the same), choose “_CUSTOM_VALUE_REQUIRED_” from the Customer Column dropdown, then enter the static value in the Custom Value column.
- Notice the difference between these columns: “Order_Item_Tax” and “Order_Tax.” Order_Tax is for files that give the tax amount for the whole order, and Order_Item_Tax is for files that divide the tax between the line item.
Customer name can be mapped in 2 ways: If the customer name is in one field, the name should be mapped to Order_Billing_FirstName or Order_ShippingFirstName, and the LastName fields should stay empty. SellerCloud will automatically split the name and fill both First and Last name. If the customer First and Last name are in different fields, you can map them accordingly.
Importing the order file
After the mapping is set up, you can use it to import orders:
- Go to Orders > Import Orders > from the Channel dropdown, choose Order Import Profile.
- In the Order Import Profile dropdown, choose the mapping name.
- Select the file > click Process Order to submit the import job.The Mapping template will also be available in scheduled tasks.