Understanding order management
Sellercloud has a comprehensive order management system that can import orders from multiple websites and marketplaces automatically. It also integrates with many payment systems, including, Paypal, Google checkout, and credit card gateways such as authorize.net.
On this page, you can use filters to search for desired orders; customize columns (show/hide columns or add more, such as Picked, Ship Date, Delivery Date, etc.); add custom filters; and perform various actions for individual or multiple orders. To access an order’s details page, just click on the Order ID.
Using the order details page
From the Order Details page, you can perform various order related functions including receiving payments, changing order status, managing items and item information, shipping specifications, and more. All this is done right from your Sellercloud account. This way, you don’t need to access the order from its respective channel.
On the main page, you’ll see a series of colored panels all with unique information. Some include item information, statuses, order status notes, and general order information. You can even manage the information within these panels. Click Edit in the top right corner. Or, use the pencil icon in the corner of each panel.
Next to the Edit button, there is a dropdown called Actions. Using this, you can perform numerous functions such as exporting order information, printing labels, dropshipping, and more. You can scroll or search to find your desired action.
Using the toolbox
The Toolbox feature can be found in any details page within Sellercloud. Here, you can view pages with more in depth information than what is found on the panels. For example, accessing the Payment page will reveal billing, payment summary, and payment information. Or, going to Shipping will show panels with information related to shipping address, details, and packages.
You can also bookmark different Toolbox pages. Simply, click the star next to the page name.
Adjusting order status
Each order has a main status, but also has other statuses that are specific to different aspects of the order, such as its Shipping Status, Payment Status, etc.
Main statuses are:
- Completed— Order has shipped
- Hold— Processing has started but is not completed
- Cancelled— Order was canceled
- Problem Order— Order was put on hold, but marked to check for problems, such as fraud
- Shopping Cart— When a website shopping cart runs directly off Sellercloud. Also used while Sellercloud is building an order, until the order is completely formed.
- Void— Hides the order, similar to deleting it. Read more about voided orders.
Processing— New order has not been processed (partially shipped orders have this status and get a Partially Shipped shipping status)
To find orders with Shopping Cart and Void statuses, use the Status filter on the Manage Orders page.
You can manually update an order’s status on these two pages:
Manage Orders: Select the orders to update > Action Menu > Update Order Statuses > Fill in information > Update.
- Order Details: Go to Statuses > Click the pencil icon > Use the dropdown to select a status > Click the check mark.
Order status display
The order status display controls what statuses are shown in your Status panel. To access:
- From order details, click Edit.
- Go to Statuses > Click the Settings icon.
- Make your selections > Save.
Replacing order SKUs
You can replace SKUs for individual orders from the order detail page.
- On the order detail page, click Edit.
- Go to Items.
- In the SKU field, enter a new SKU.
- Use the check mark to save.
Multiple orders in bulk
You can bulk replace SKUs on multiple orders with a file upload.
- Go to Orders > Tools > Import Order Info > Order Info.
- Create a template and populate the columns Order ID, Original SKU and New SKU.
- Save file > Return to Sellercloud.
- Select Company > Channel > Click to upload file > Import.
Adding orders to groups
Orders can be grouped together for various management purposes.
From manage orders page
- Access Manage Orders page > select orders > Action menu > Add Orders to Group.
- Select to add to existing group or to create new group.
- Click Add.
From order details page
- Click Actions > Add Order to Group.
- Select Existing Group or create a New Group.
Attaching documents to orders
When an order is downloaded from a channel into Sellercloud, an order document with order details are created. Likewise, when the order is shipped a tracking document is created to be sent to the channel. Order documents passed between Sellercloud and the sales channels (tracking upload, cancellations, etc) can be viewed from the order detail page. Depending on how the channel send orders, the order download document may or may not display.
To view documents, select View Action Documents from Actions.
The documents will display in a grid and can be downloaded and viewed. Documents are also stored per channel on the channel settings submenu. Depending on the document, it may be stored under Reports, Downloaded Documents, or Uploaded Documents. This is especially valuable for wholesalers, as it makes it possible to attach a customer PO to the order in Sellercloud.
- Go to Client Settings > Enable Wholesale Options in Manage Orders Action Menu.
- In the order detail page > Actions > Manage Documents.
- Select files and attach.