Understanding PayPal API for eBay
To use the PayPal API and confirm payment status of eBay orders, the PayPal account needs to be configured in Sellercloud. Once configured, Sellercloud can bring in the PayPal details for eBay orders, handle PayPal refunds, etc.
If PayPal settings are not configured for a company, orders will come in with an Unpaid status. The order may also come in without a Ship-To address. Please follow the steps below to get the PayPal API information. Each company in Sellercloud can be set to use a different PayPal account, and the setting can be edited at:
- Company Settings > eBay Settings > PayPal Settings.
Requesting API credentials
- Log into Paypal.
- Go to PayPal Tools & Resources > Integrate PayPal > API Credentials.
- Click NVP/SOAP API Integration (Classic).
- Select Request API signature > Agree > Submit to generate a set of Signature credentials.
- Go to Company Settings > eBay Settings > Paypal Settings and enter credentials in corresponding fields.