Understanding queued jobs
Sellercloud has a system of queued jobs to schedule tasks to be done in the background while you can continue working on the website. Any large data processing task automatically gets queued and the system checks for new jobs every 1-2 minutes.
Queued Jobs can be scheduled to run at any time. This way you can schedule heavy jobs to run at night or at off peak hours for server efficiency. Sellercloud can process multiple jobs at the same time, but in the event that it many jobs are submitted at the same time, it will queue the jobs and process the later jobs after the first ones have finished.
There are various job statuses to track whether the system has processed the job or not. When it is first queued, it gets the status of Submitted. When it is actively being worked on, it gets the status Processing. If a job is successful, it will be Completed.
However, there are other job statuses present in Sellercloud. You can see these statuses from the Queued Jobs page. Other statuses include:
- Aborted Too Much Time Consumed
- Cancelled Service Restarted
- Cancelled While Running
- On Hold
- Partial Success
- Normal – New jobs automatically get a priority of ‘Normal,’ but you can manually raise the priority of a job so that it gets processed earlier.
- High – The priority level of ‘High’ is the next level up.
- Critical – This is the highest priority. These jobs are processed on a separate dedicated thread. However, they do not start immediately without waiting for other jobs to be completed. Rather, they first consider the maximum number of jobs that the server can handle. Only when Sellercloud re-evaluates which subsequent job to process will we select the job that is set to Critical.
Accessing queued jobs
Company queued jobs
You can view the status of all jobs that you have submitted for a company under the Company Toolbox> Queued Jobs. If you click a particular Job ID it will show you the details of that job and whether there were any errors etc.
To access, click Queued Jobs in the main menu bar.
My queued jobs
You can view the status of jobs that you have submitted from the dashboard. There is a panel on the bottom left of the dashboard labeled My Queued Jobs. If you click a particular Job ID, it will show you the details of that job and whether there were any errors etc.
Adjusting queued jobs
Click on the Queued Job opens up that job’s detailed page. From there, you can adjust various aspects of that specific job.
Notes can be added to the queued job. Click the Add Notes hyperlink to open a text box to add notes. Notes can also be accessed on the My Queued jobs pane on the dashboard.
- Go to Queued Job details page.
- Click the icon in General to edit.
- Select a Priority from the dropdown > Save.
Emailing job completion
Emails can be generated upon completion of a queued job and sent to a specified recipient. This can be configured for completed, failed, and cancelled service restarted queued jobs.
- Enable the client setting Enable Queued Job completed emails.
- Create separate email templates for completed, failed, and cancelled service restarted queued jobs,
- Map the templates in the Email Template Assignment page for completed, failed, and cancelled service restarted queued jobs
Downloading output files
You have the option to save output files from your queued jobs for your own record keeping files.
- Queued Job page > General > Output File > Click Download Output File button.