Container Management is useful for merchants who receive multiple POs in a single or multiple containers. With this feature, the items do not need to be received through the POs. Rather, they can be received directly from the container, negating the need to first separate the items by PO and receive them. When receiving the container the related PO will be updated accordingly.
The vendor will typically send the merchant a container file that provides detailed info of the containers and their contents. Use that information when creating the containers in SellerCloud.
- Enable client setting Enable Shipping Containers for PO.
- Navigate Inventory > Purchasing.
- Press the Shipping Containers button at the top.
- Press Create New Container.
- Enter a container name. This typically should match the container ID that has been supplied to you by the vendor.
- Enter a “Shipped On” date (Not required).
- Press Save Container.
- On the Container detail page, press Add Items.
- Enter a PO and press Search. All items in the PO will be returned. Entering the the product and the PO# on which it is ordered will return that product only.
- Enter the qty per product that will be in this particular container from this PO. This information should be on the container file sent to you from the vendor.
- Repeat the process for all applicable POs and products.
- On the Container detail page, enter the quantity received per each line item.
- Save the container. If nothing is added for a line item, the entire shipped qty of that line item will be received in Step 4.
- Navigate back the the Shipping Containers page.
- Select the applicable container, open the action menu and select Receive. Press Go.
- On this page, you can select the receiving warehouse. The selection “Default” will receive the inventory to the receiving warehouse set on the PO. Selecting a warehouse will override what has been set on the PO.
- Press Receive Container. The inventory will be received to the defined warehouse, the PO will be updated with the received item(s) and its status will update accordingly – Partially Received, Fully Received.
Add Products in Bulk via File Upload (Import Container)
- On the container detail page, download the sample template.
- Populate the column as follows:
- PO ID
- POItemID – the line item id for the product on the PO. This unique is required because a SKU may be added more than once to any PO.
- ProductID – the SKU
- Qty Shipped – the qty of the item shipped in this container.
- Qty Received – Leave blank until items are received. See below.
- Save the file.
- Select it from this page and press Upload File.
Receive Container with File Upload
- On the Shipping Container Template file populate the Qty Received field.
- Choose the file and upload it again.
- The container will be received, the PO will be updated with the received item(s) and its status will update accordingly – Partially Received, Fully Received.