Selling on Fingerhut
Fingerhut is a unique marketplace that puts millions of products into the hands of shoppers through low monthly payments option. Selling on this marketplace can earn you customers who may be unable to purchase more expensive items. Fingerhut operates as a fulfillment channel, where the merchant dropships the order for Fingerhut. Integration requires a Commerce Hub Account.
Learn more about opening a supplier account with Fingerhut here.
In order to integrate your Fingerhut account with Sellercloud, you must have the following accounts:
|Fingerhut||Fingerhut purchases products through dedicated buyers, so you need to contact Fingerhut to become an approved seller and establish a connection with a buyer. You would submit a catalog file to the buyer, who then decides what to purchase, and negotiates a price. Similar to other fulfillment channels, you do not post items to Fingerhut from Sellercloud. Rather, Sellercloud is utilized for inventory and order management.|
|CommerceHub||To integrate with Fingerhut, you need to have an account with CommerceHub.com, the management software used by Fingerhut for EDI document transmission. You will be assigned a Partner Setup Specialist who will work with Sellercloud Support to integrate your account and get you live on Fingerhut.|
|Van— Liason Mailbox Account||Sellercloud Support will set up a VAN mailbox by which documents transfer between Commerce Hub (acting as courier to Fingerhut) and Sellercloud.|
Setting up Fingerhut in Sellercloud
- Company Settings > Toolbox > Fingerhut > General Settings > Edit.
- Fill in the following credentials:
FIELD DESCRIPTION Customer ISA Qualifier ZZ Customer ISA ID Typically the customers phone number is used Fingerhut ISA Qualifier Supplied by Commerce Hub Fingerhut ISA ID Supplied by Commerce Hub Supplier/Warehouse ID Supplied by Commerce Hub Enable Secure FTP Yes Fingerhut FTP Info Info is typically supplied by Commerce Hub in their integration instructions. Use Passive Yes
Configuring Fingerhut EDI documents
The following EDI documents are employed for Fingerhut integration.
- Enable Order Download— Purchase order document from Fingerhut. Contains customer order info.
- Enable Order Fulfillment Upload— Notifies Fingerhut of shipping and provides shipping date/time and tracking
- Enable Inventory Upload— Updates inventory
- Go to Company Settings > Company > Toolbox > Fingerhut > General Settings > Edit.
- Check the boxes for Enable Order Download, Enable Order Fulfillment Upload, and Enable Inventory Upload.
- Click Save.
Tip: Sellercloud can update inventory automatically. This automation is controlled by Enable Inventory Upload on the Fingerhut Settings page.
Automatic Order Download and Tracking Upload
On Fingerhut Settings page enable the following settings to automate order processing:
- Enable Order Download
- Enable Order Functional Acknowledgement— Informs Fingerhut that the order document has been received
- Enable Order Fulfillment Upload— Sends tracking confirmation back to Fingerhut
Manually updating inventory to Fingerhut
Inventory can be updated manually on the Fingerhut properties page and in bulk from Manage Catalog page.
From Fingerhut properties
- Access Company Settings > Company > Toolbox > Fingerhut > General Settings.
- Click Actions > Download Full Inventory Update.
From Manage Catalog
- Access Catalog > Manage Catalog > Select products.
- Click the Action icon > Update Inventory on Channel.
- Select Channel > Fingerhut > Select your products > Update.
Fingerhut Shipping Method Mapping
Fingerhut communicates the required shipping method via codes. In order to populate the correct shipping method automatically in ShipBridge, you should map the Fingerhut shipping code to the Sellercloud Shipping Method. Likewise, the shipping codes must be mapped for sending the shipping confirmation.
To ensure that you are mapping the codes properly for incoming and outgoing:
- Check the updated code mapping on Commerce Hub.
- Log in to the Dashboard.
- From the Dashboard, on the top left you will see an Admin tab.
- Click on that and you will see Integrated Message codes.
Fingerhut invoices and packing slips
As a fulfillment channel, where the customer is buying from Fingerhut, the required packing slip must conform to Fingerhut’s formatting requirements.
With Fingerhut orders, an Fingerhut-formatted packing slip will print out as the invoice from each order. This is done by default and requires no configuration. However, if Per-channel Invoices is enabled, you would need to configure the invoice as instructed here. Fingerhut sends orders from 3 sites— Fingerhut.com, Gettington.com, and Paycheck Direct. The invoice will print out the correct site logo and name based on where the order originated.
Cancelling Fingerhut orders
Fingerhut order cancellation must be done on the Fingerhut seller portal. After cancelling the order, Set Cancelled Internally in Sellercloud as well from the Manage Orders page.