Overstock.com is a popular marketplace for customers looking for discounts and low shipping costs.
SellerCloud integrates with Overstock by fulfilling all of the requirements to give you access to this unique sales channel, and this integration provides efficient inventory and order management for Overstock.
As with most fulfillment channels, listings must be created directly on Overstock, and pricing negotiated with your Overstock PCA.
Apply to sell on Overstock here.
With the new Supplier Oasis portal, Overstock has moved from an API to an EDI integration. SellerCloud exchanges documents with Supplier Oasis via an FTP supplied by Overstock.
Integrate Overstock with SellerCloud
- Contact Overstock to create an FTP. You will need to give Overstock the following info:
- Customer ISA Qualifer – ZZ
- Customer ISA ID – This can really be any number. We generally use the phone number of the client.
- Overstock will email FTP credentials as well as the various Qualifiers, IDs.
- Navigate Company Settings > Toolbox > Overstock General Settings page.
- If the page is set to the old API integration settings, open the action menu and Switch to EDI Settings.
- Enter the Customer Qualifier and ID as above. Then, enter the remaining identifiers supplied by Overstock.
- Enter the FTP info.
- Check the Enable SOFS setting.
- Port should be set to 10022
- Use Passive should be enabled.
- Check Delete Files after Processing. If left unchecked, incoming files will not be removed from the FTP and can cause a timeout during retrieval. It may be wise to check this option only after you have tested the order download.
- Test FTP Credentials.
- Save your settings
Adding Overstock products to Sellercloud
An Overstock listing can only be brought into SellerCloud once the product has been approved through Overstock’s “Offer” tool and been given an Overstock SKU. There are 4 ways to bring in your Overstock products:
- To add (or just OverStock enable) an individual product into your system, go to Add Product via Overstock on the Inventory tab, enter the Partner SKU (NOT the overstock one) on the left side, pick a company, and click Add Product. It will tell you if the product has been successfully created or if there is an error.
- To add (or enable) a bunch of products at once, download a file of all your new products from Partner Oasis. (Manage Products on the left menu panel, select the appropriate products, and then export.) Save it as an excel file. Go into SellerCloud, to Add product via Overstock, pick the company (on the right side) and upload that file. The resulting queued job will log any errors.
- The third way, which would only work if you already have created the SKU and put all its info in SellerCloud, would be to go to that SKU’s Overstock Properties page, click Get OverStock SKU and Option SKU on the action menu, fill in the prices and costs, and enable it by checking the Overstock enabled checkbox. Click Save.
- Enable client setting Auto Create Products From Over Stock Orders. As orders import, the items will be created and inventory will sync. However, the OverStock Product ID and OverStock Option SKU will not be populated.
Listing on Overstock
Understanding Overstock price control
Unlike most other channels, SellerCloud doesn’t send automatic price updates to Overstock. Overstock is a first party relationship and does not allow dropshippers to change the price as they like. Prices need to be approved by the buyer at Overstock. You can submit the price that you are willing to sell it for to Overstock but ultimately they control the prices displayed to the end consumer.
Updating Overstock listings
- To update quantity individually, select Revise Inventory from the Action menu on the product’s Overstock Properties page.
- To bulk-update, select Update Inventory on Channel from the Action menu on the Manage Inventory page.
- We only update inventory to Overstock if the product is marked Overstock enabled on the product’s Overstock Properties page.
Automating Overstock settings
Set safety quantity and default quantity
You can set a safety quantity to help prevent overselling. It will subtract the safety quantity value from each item while posting inventory updates to Overstock. For example, if you set a safety quantity of 2 and you have 5 units of sku ABCD, SellerCloud will send Overstock a quantity of 3.
Enable inventory controls
Inventory feeds are enabled from Company Settings > Overstock > General Settings. The feed will be sent on regular intervals, usually once an hour.
Automatic Overstock Order Download and Tracking Upload
Navigate Company Settings > Overstock Settings. Enable the following settings.
- Enable Order Download – Orders download approx. every hour. Make sure that shipping method mapping is configured. See below.
- Enable Order Functional Acknowledgement – Informs Overstock that the order document has been received.
- Enable Order Fulfillment Upload – sends tracking automatically to Overstock.
Configuring Overstock shipping
As a fulfillment channel, where the customer is buying from Overstock, the required packing slip must conform to Overstock’s formatting requirements. With Overstock orders, an Overstock-formatted packing slip wil print out as the invoice from each order. This is done by default and requires no configuration. However, if “Per-channel Invoices” is enabled, you would need to configure the invoice as instructed here.From within ShipBridge, there are are a few different packing slip options that can be configured. These are controlled from Menu > Options > Invoice, by clicking the ‘Overstock invoice options’ button on the bottom. If you are using a 4 x 6 thermal packing slip, there are options to include the return policy, location notes, barcode etc. There is also an option to print a full size letter packing slip or a two sided label option where the label prints on one half and the shipping label on the other half.
Overstock Shipping Method Mapping
Overstock will send a shipping code with the order to instruct you how to ship the item. However, that code will need to be “deciphered and translated” to a shipping method recognized by SellerCloud. Additionally, the carrier used for shipping included in the tracking notification needs to be sent back in the code recognized by Overstock. The shipping method mapping can be configured from Company Settings > Overstock > Shipping Method Mapping.
- Code to Receive – Select the shipping service level that overstock will be requiring. For example “Next_Day” .See attached image.
- Rush Service – This marks the order with this service as “Rush”. It will also cause the order-level shipping method to take precedence over a product-level shipping method. Read more about shipping method precedence here.
- Shipping Method – Select a SellerCloud shipping method that will fulfill the requirements of the corresponding Overstock shipping level service.
- Code To Send – Select the Overstock carrier code that corresponds the SellerCloud shipping method. In the tracking notification, Sellercloud with send the carrier code back to Overstock to confirm the order’s shipping status. See attached images.
Enable order download and shipping confirmations
Once you enable order download (on the Overstock General Settings page), orders will begin to come in. The orders are downloaded by a scheduler, usually every hour. In some cases we can shorten that interval between downloads but usually it isn’t necessary. After an order ships, a ship confirmation will be sent to Overstock automatically on that same interval. There is an option to delay the ship confirmations until the end of the day, but this is not enabled by default. Some people like that option since it gives them a window of time where they can still change the shipping method or cancel the order after the shipping label prints.
Configure Overstock shipping labels
In ShipBridge, it will automatically set the Ship From Address to say it is coming from Overstock, as per Overstock’s policy. If your contract with Overstock allows you to ship using Overstock’s shipper account, you can configure ShipBridge to use 3rd party billing.
Configure Overstock packing slip
Overstock packing slips will print when printing invoices for Overstock orders. Read about Fulfillment Channel Invoices here. From within ShipBridge, there are are a few different packing slip options that can be configured. These are controlled from Menu > Options > Invoice, by clicking the ‘Overstock invoice options’ button on the bottom. If you are using a 4 x 6 thermal packing slip, there are options to include the return policy, location notes, barcode etc. There is also an option to print a full size letter packing slip or a two sided label option where the label prints on one half and the shipping label on the other half.
Canceling an Overstock Order
Canceling an Overstock order will result in penalties from Overstock. At times, however, Overstock will request you to cancel the order without having it marked as short shipped. (In Overstock lingo, “Short Ship” means not shipping.)Use one of the following two options to remove the order reserve while preventing the order from exporting to ShipBridge, yet still not send a cancellation order to Overstock.
- From the Manage Orders page – select Set as Cancel from Action Menu. This option is a localized cancellation status and will not send a cancellation notice to Overstock.
- From the Manage Orders page – select Set as Void from Action Menu. This option is a localized void status and will not send a cancellation notice to Overstock.