Metadata with Shopify refers to 2 types of data:
- Meta tags
- Meta fields
Note: Meta tags are added on the Website Properties page. They are uploaded to Shopify when the product is posted. Meta keywords are the regular tags used by Shopify’s search engine. Tags are searchable keywords associated with your product that can help customers find your product through your online store search.
- Namespace— Functions as a container for a set of metafields, which helps distinguish between metadata that you created and metadata created by others with a similar namespace
- Key— Identifier for a metafield
- Value— Content of the metafield
- Value Type— String or an integer
See Shopify’s metafield article for more information.
Adding metafields in Sellercloud
- Go to > Settings > Select a company > Toolbox > Website > Sellercloud Integrated Website > Shopify Meta Fields.
- Click the + icon for Add new metafield.
- Enter the Namespace, Key, and choose a Value Type. (The Value will be added later at the product level, or you can bind it to custom column to send values of a custom column on a product to Shopify as a metafield.)
- Check the Add to variant level box to use the metafield on a variation parent.
- Click Add to save.
- On a product’s Website properties page, open the Actions menu > click Manage Metafield. to show all current metafields.
- Enter a Value in the appropriate metafield.
- Click Save.
- Click Actions menu > Post Meta Fields to Shopify.
Bulk-importing metafield values into products
- Click Catalog > Tools > Import Product Info > Import Shopify Metafields.
- Download the metafield bulk-import template.
- Populate the Product ID, Metafield ID, and Value columns. Note: These metafields must already exist in Sellercloud.
- Save the file with a unique name.
- Click the file icon to choose the file > click Open to pre-load it.
- Click Import.