Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) ensures that your valuable data is protected with two layers of security and that Sellercloud is in full compliance with all of the marketplaces.
2FA is simple to use:
- The first time you log into Sellercloud – You enter your known password, but then input the “second factor.” This is the unique 6-digit verification code that will be sent to you by email.
- After you have used 2FA for 30 days (and every 30 days thereafter) – You reauthenticate in either of two ways:
- Obtain another unique 6-digit verification code by email and enter it to gain access.
- Scan a QR code provided by the Google Authenticator app on your phone and enter it to gain access.
In Alpha, you must add 2FA as either a primary or secondary login method on your account page. Click My Account > 2FA Setting.
First authentication with 2FA
To log into Sellercloud with 2FA:
- On the Login page, you will enter your email address and password > Log In:
- On the Two Factor Authentication page, you will request a verification code by email:
- Open your email and retrieve the code from the auto-generated email, as shown below.
- You will enter the code as follows:
- The Sellercloud Home page will appear.
Setting up the Authenticator app
- Install the Google Authenticator app on your phone.
- In the app, click Set up account.
- Click Add Code.
- Open Sellercloud:
- IN DELTA – Open your Employee page > Toolbox > click 2FA
- IN ALPHA – Open My Account > click Google 2FA.
- Use the Google Authenticator app to scan the QR code.
- You will enter the verification code you receive as follows:
- The Authenticator setup is done, and ready to use for reauthentication.
Authenticating every 30 days
Reauthentication can be done in either of two ways:
Use email to reauthenticate
This method uses the same steps as your first authentication: Follow these steps.
Use the Google Authenticator
- Open the app and retrieve the code.
- On Sellercloud’s Login page, select the Google Authenticator radio button (if not already selected).
- Enter the code > click the arrow (Delta) or Continue (Alpha). The Sellercloud Home page will appear.