Please read first! This topic explains Shopify webhooks in the Delta interface. For instructions in Sellercloud’s original interface, please download this file.
Why use a Shopify webhook?
Webhooks are a tool for retrieving data based on certain events. SellerCloud can use Shopify webhooks to be immediately notified whenever events such as the following occur in Shopify:
- A pending order is created
- Updates are made to a pending order, including:
- Changes to the order’s items
- The order’s fulfillment is created or updated
- Order is paid
- The address on the order is changed
A new order will only be created in Sellercloud with the regular order download feeds.
Benefits of Shopify webhooks
Several key benefits of Shopify webhooks include:
- Faster-than-normal updating (more “real-time”) of all inventory information in Sellercloud
- For ordered items, immediate notifications trigger inventory updates
- Helps prevent overselling
- Automatic updates on fulfillment status, even if other apps are used for Shopify order fulfillment
Configuring a Shopify webhook
- Create a Shopify webhook following the Shopify instructions.
Important! The webhook URL should appear exactly like this: https://__.cwa.sellercloud.com/shopifywebhookreceiver.aspx, where you replace the underscore with your server ID (for example: https://bv.cwa.sellercloud.com/shopifywebhookreceiver.aspx).
- After the webhook is created, a verification ID appears at the bottom of Shopify’s Notifications page, and is used to confirm that the notification is coming from your Shopify account.
- Copy the ID.
- Click the Company Toolbox > Website > Sellercloud Integrated Website > Shopify General > paste the ID into API Verification Key field.